Africa, Asia, Europe, The Middle East, Latin America
Small Group Adventure Tours are for people who are perhaps travelling on their own or as as a couple and looking to travel with other like minded adventurous travellers. Small group adventure tours give you the freedom of independent travel, but with the comfort and friendship of fellow travellers and the peace of mind knowing that the next day’s transport and accommodation is already taken care of.
Small Group Tour Features
- Mixture of private transport and local transport including buses, trains and internal flights. Some walking in towns and even some tours focused on trekking itineraries.
- A Tour Leader to run the trip with local guides for localised information
- Accommodation from in small locally run hotels, lodges, guest houses and home-stays
- Shorter tours from typically 7-21 days with some longer tours
- Breakfast typically supplied at the hotels with the opportunity to try some of the cheap local cafes and great restaurants for lunches and dinners
- Small groups up to a maximum of 12, with and average of 6-10 people
- Less hands on but active participation in the tour is encouraged
The accommodation is mostly small locally run hotels, ranging from basic to boutique. They might be the very occassional camping in say a bedouin camp for example. Breakfast daily is typically included with some lunches and dinners also included where there are no suitable options available. An advantage of not having all meals included is that it gives a chance to be as adventurous (or as unadventurous) as you feel that day with the local cuisine. The tour leaders know where all the great non touristy local places with local charm are that are tasty and safe to eat at.
Traveling with a small group is a great way to meet like minded fellow travellers from all over the world and share travel experiences with. Many life long friendships are formed travelling with a small group.